1950 Vintage Style Broadcaster Neck Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets
- AlNiCo 5 Flush Pole Magnets with South Up Polarity
- Handcrafted Lacquer Dipped Bobbins
- 50s Style Single Plain Enamel #43 Magnet Wire
- Hand Wound to 1950 Broadcaster Specs with a Medium Scatter
- 6.8 K Ohms (+/- 3% @ 68 Degrees F)
- Lightly Wax Potted (Lacquer Potting Available on Reuqest)
- Chrome Plated Deep Drawn Full Cover
- Cloth Leads, Mounting Screws & Height Spacers Included
Note: Our Neck
pickups are set up for traditional mounting into the body. However, if you
would like to mount the pickup to the pick guard let us know at the time of
purchase and we can make the appropriate changes.
Like the originals
the Neck pickup has a South polarity with a clockwise wind which makes it
compatible with original Broadcaster / Tele Bridge pickups from the 1950
through 1980 time period.
Some original Broadcaster neck pickups used AlNiCo 5 magnets which provided some
additional twang and a bit more bite verses the AlNiCo 3 versions. They were
also wound with less wire ie: 6.8K Ohms which provides a bit more clarity.